Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Anddddd we're off!

Welcome to the blog! So basically, this is the way I hope to keep in touch with y'all while I'm abroad. I'll post a few pictures here, but most will be on facebook. If you want to follow my updates on here via email, there's an app for that (over there      ---->). There are also a few links over there ---> about the program I'm going on, Rwanda, and whatnot.

I fly out on January 2 and will be going from Dallas to Chicago to Brussels to Kigali. 21 hours total. Woo? Ben and Alissa from Hendrix will be going with me, and at least two others will hopefully be joining us too. I've had all my shots, gotten all of my check ups, got my passport...now I just need a bugspray that's about 40% DEET?

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, we are looking forward to hearing from you on all the exciting things you are doing in Rwanda. Have fun, take lots of pictures. If I were doing this when I was your age everybody would have to wait until I returned home, developed the pictures and then we would have to meet up to look at the newly deveoped photos!.
    Uncle Mike and Aunt Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, will do! Wow, that's true. Technology is pretty awesome :) I'll be sure to post a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to the North Woods, where mosquitoes carry off their prey (but malaria isn't much of a problem) I always bought us the cheap stuff at Academy Sports, only 90% DEET, but it melts most plastic.

    http://www.bug-spray.com/main.html

    I've also had good results with pet flea collars around my wrists and ankles, more for ticks than mosquitoes. Now there are products specifically for humans, but I doubt they're as strong.

    BassPro.com is one of the many vendors that purveys the bugband bracelets. I've never used them, no idea how well they work, Hartz brand dog collars sure do a number on ticks tho.

    https://sites.google.com/site/bugbandreview/bug-band-insect-repellent-review

    REI.com ships globally, FWIW.

    ReplyDelete